Wednesday, September 21, 2011

In class we teamed up into groups and created a mud painting of a piece of classical art. My group chose to do The Scream. Each of us worked on a separate part of the painting to distribute it to the sidewalk in chalk. Then we each choose a different shade of mud and painted our own sections. I think this piece was successful, but could have been neater in the lines. The most difficult part about this project was painting the details with lumpy mud and making the lines straight. If I were to do this project over again I would probably try to take my time in painting certain sections to make it look neat and clean. I learned that there are many different ways to recreate certain paintings that are simple, but have detail (in the value scale grays).This project was definitely something new, that I have never tried before and was a fun experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment