Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oil Pastel Portrait

This week we created a portriat of anyone of our choice and colored the picture using oil pastels. The colors that we used had to look unrealistic (blue face, green hair). The idea of this project was to create highlights and shadows using colored pastels. I think that this project was successful, but I wish that I could have done a better job shading the face. My favorite part of my drawing is the hair, with the shading and highlights my hair actually looks curly. The hardest part of this project was creating the shadows because you had to layer the pastels several times. Because of this project, I learned how to shade with color, and not only in black and white. This project was a fun experience for me, and I enjoyed adding detail to several parts of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment